楼主: Lwoerjwatty
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[加拿大] search engines promotion

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

11#
发表于 2022-12-29 14:07:32 | 只看该作者

-

Ive got that as my home page when I start up IE. My big grumble with it is that since I installed the latest version of IE when I start typing in a search Google starts to list results straight away, based on what Ive typed even if its just the first few letters of a word. Sometimes it doesnt even let me finish putting in my full search. The idea now seems to be that such programmes arent tools to help you do what you want to do, but are designed to tell you what you want to do even when, more often than not, theyre wrong.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

12#
发表于 2022-12-29 14:35:24 | 只看该作者

-

Hi if you edit the config.php file you will see a line of text that mentions

definePHPDIG_IN_DOMAIN,true;            //allows phpdig jump hosts in the same domain.
So change this to false and you will find that phpdig stays inside your domain and doesnt follow links to other domains it finds.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

13#
发表于 2022-12-29 14:56:53 | 只看该作者

-

Just another 2-bit thought: While PhpDig is far superior to all other search engines in so far as searching is concerned, customizing it requires complex editing of templates which is beyond my present capability and ii restraining it from travelling beyond your domain is not easy.

Can somebody please post a detailed tutorial on i how to customize PhpDig so that it fits with a sites page and ii how to restrain PhpDig to search only within the site.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

14#
发表于 2022-12-29 14:59:37 | 只看该作者

-

Good point, Flay, and in checking the links out again, I realise that neither link although they reach the same conclusion do NOT give you Pages from the UK.

Simple test.  Enter  "New York Times" and look at the results.  Lots of US sites.  Now go to search tools...CLICK....then CLICK  ..the web then CLICK Pages from the UK and only then do you get just UK hits.

Thank CLICK you CLICK very much CLICK  ​Google.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

15#
发表于 2022-12-29 15:12:53 | 只看该作者

-

I did a fair bit of browsing before this last trip. It seems that I always get the best deal by purchasing right from the Airlines website and clicking on Air and Hotel packages.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

16#
发表于 2022-12-29 15:13:32 | 只看该作者

-

I did a fair bit of browsing before this last trip. It seems that I always get the best deal by purchasing right from the Airlines website and clicking on Air and Hotel packages.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

17#
发表于 2024-2-9 06:31:31 | 只看该作者
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

18#
发表于 2024-2-9 06:32:40 | 只看该作者
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报